March 18, 2020
- Posted By IELTS Tutorials IELTS Tips / December 03, 2019
The secret behind getting a high score is continuous hard work and efficient smart work. Many IELTS aspirant wants to know some quick tips on how to prepare for the IELTS exam. This article has a lot of advice about how to prepare for IELTS and IELTS experts highly recommend these. So, let’s see what experts say about preparing for the IELTS exam.
Develop Your IELTS Writing Skills
It is often observed that IELTS aspirants try to ignore this section. This is not a surprise because if you go through the most recent statistics of IELTS results, you will find that writing scores are always half or more band lower than the other skills.
Do you know that the secret to success in the IELTS Writing exam is Reading? Yes, reading can improve your writing skills.
It is evident for aspirants to think that the best way to improve writing skills is to practice often. However, this is not enough to achieve the desired band score.
According to IELTS experts, the best way to improve your writing skills is to read English regularly. It will help you to improve your writing skills in four main ways:
- The most intelligent way to learn new vocabulary.
- It will help you to express your ideas more naturally.
- You will get an opportunity to know the vocabulary that native speakers use.
- Once you start reading regularly, it will help you to avoid grammatical mistakes.
You will also develop your reading skills and know how vocabulary is being used in a sentence. In short, you will need to improve your reading skills for good writing band score.
Developing Your Logical Skills
The IELTS Writing Task is not just about knowing grammar and vocabulary. When it comes to writing, you have to be logical at the same time because it will test your thinking ability also.
Academic Writing Task 1 is comprising of graphs, tables, charts or diagrams. You will be asked to summarise the information that is shown in the question by writing the main features.
You have to think before you start writing any question, spend some time, make a proper plan, and then you are ready to go.
Tips to Improve Your Thinking Skills for IELTS
- Devote enough time to understand the task before you start writing.
- Discuss and exchange ideas with other IELTS aspirants and a professional coach.
- Make your strategies and plans before you start writing.
- Get feedback from an IELTS expert.
Develop Your IELTS Speaking Skills
IELTS Speaking exam is scored based on four essential parameters:
- Fluency and Coherence
- Lexical Resource
- Grammatical Range and Accuracy
Check the following expert tips for improving these key areas:
Tip 1 – Fluency and Coherence
- Choose any topic from your lists to speak.
- Set a stopwatch for a few seconds.
- Play the recording and ask your friend for feedback.
- Write down the entire recording and add punctuations.
- Play the audio back to check where you missed taking a pause.
- Repeat this task to excel in it.
Tip 2 – Pronunciation
Focus on learning new vocabulary every day. There are a few common topics that frequently appear in the exam, such as education, environment, work, etc.
Give more focus on these topics for adding new vocabulary. You can also use Google to know how to pronounce any problematic word.
Tip 3 – Lexical Resource
Lexical resources are a measure of how accurate and varied your vocabulary is.
For example, you get a topic on the advertisement, so your possible words and phrases include promotions, commercials, news, slogans, billboards, banners, links, etc.
Tip 4 – Grammar
Try to frame a sentence using different grammatical structures. Think of different grammatical structures that you might use in the IELTS Speaking exam.
Please ensure that you use correct grammar when speaking. At the same time, maintain your fluency and express ideas clearly.
Develop Your IELTS Exam Preparation Skills Before One Day
- Stop studying! Yes, feel relaxed and don’t try to learn anything new.
- Take out some time to review what you already know.
- Try to speak in English with everyone you know.
- Strategise the plan the day before the exam.
These strategies are proven and highly recommended by IELTS experts. Follow all the tips to get the desired score in the IELTS exam. Continue your IELTS preparation keeping these points in your mind.
To learn more from IELTS experts, you could also avail IELTS Online Coaching. Come online whenever you want and learn without spending any time on commuting long distances.
Grab the opportunity and get assured 20+ Free IELTS Online Practice Tests. Improve your IELTS skills with preparation and get the desired band.
Debunk Top 10 IELTS Myths For a High Band Score
Know Golden IELTS Listening Tips & Format to Achieve High
February 29, 2020
Complete Guidance on the IELTS Exam with Preparation Tips
February 24, 2020
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1: Tips with A Sample Question
January 03, 2020