Know How to Proceed with IELTS Test Remark Process
The biggest concern of all the IELTS aspirants who haven't achieved their desired
score even after studying as hard as they could - Can I get my IELTS Test remarked or rescored?
If you are one of them who is not satisfied with their scores, then you have two options in this scenario
- You can reappear for the IELTS Exam.
- You can request to get your IELTS Test re-scored.
Yes, you can get your IELTS test remarked if you are not satisfied with your achieved score.
If you are considering to remark your IELTS Test, here are some KEY FACTS that you should know about.
- The process of IELTS Test remarking is officially known as Enquiry on Results (EoR).
- You must apply for re-scoring within six weeks after obtaining your original test result, i.e., the test centre must receive your application for remarking within six weeks.
- You can either get your entire test or individual modules re-scored.
- The process of remarking takes around seven weeks.
- If there are any changes to your score, your IELTS Remark Fees will be refunded.
How is the IELTS Test Remarked?
If you are not satisfied your IELTS Results, you can apply for Enquiry on Results (i.e. consider remarking your test) at your test centre.
- Your test will be re-scored by senior examiners who are unaware of the original marks awarded to you for each module.
- Your test centre is then notified about the re-mark result
- A new Test Report Form is issued if there are any changes in your score
However, the Inquiry on Results process is time consuming and expensive. Additionally, the chance in increase of the score by a Band or more is very rare.
When you SHOULD get your IELTS Test Re-scored?
- You have been assessed by an expert trainer or faculty before and have consistently achieved high score.
- You have taken the test before and your scores were high.
- You are confident that you performed well in the test and attempted every question correctly.
When you SHOULD NOT get your IELTS Exam Re-scored?
- You obtained the same score in your previous attempts
- Your friend achieved a score higher than you
- You achieved two Bands higher in one of your other modules. If this is the case, you will get an automatic remark in your local test centre.
What affect does Re-scoring have on Individual Modules?
The score rarely changes in IELTS Reading and IELTS Listening modules. The answers for these exams are usually one/two/three words or a single letter where the chances are less to miss out anything significant.
Even if you have bad handwriting, there are least chances for another examiner to change your score while remarking. So, if you are not satisfied with your IELTS Reading or Listening Scores, requesting an IELTS re-score will rarely make a difference.
On the other hand, there are a few chances of an increase in your score IELTS Writing Remark success rate and IELTS Speaking modules. It is possible that a different examiner may give you a different score. Sometimes, you might also get an increase of a whole or a half band score.
Instead of taking a chance, you can go for this solution which will have a better outcome on your IELTS result.
Don't waste your essential seven weeks to get your test re-scored; the best suggestion for you is to reappear for the IELTS Test and achieve a better score.
You can carry out effective IELTS test preparation by attempting practice tests and getting them evaluated from certified trainers. Avail IELTS Writing Correction Service that will help you to analyse your strengths and weaknesses.
Sign Up on IELTS Tutorials & get assured access to 20+ FREE IELTS practice tests. Here, you can avail the benefit of Writing Correction Service to improve your IELTS Writing Band Score and Online Coaching to seek personal assistance of expert faculties.